Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 675. Personnel Policies for Local Departments of Social Services

22VAC40-675-200. Employee grievance procedure.

A local department or local board shall adopt a grievance procedure that is either (i) adopted by the locality in which the local department or local board is located, or in the case of a regional department or board, the grievance procedure adopted by one of its localities in the regional organization or (ii) approved by the state board. The board-approved grievance procedure in the administrative manual shall be consistent with the provisions of Chapter 30 (§ 2.2-3000 et seq.) of Title 2.2 of the Code of Virginia. The grievance procedure adopted by the local department or local board shall apply to employees, including local directors, of the local boards and local departments.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-219 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 20, Issue 8, eff. February 1, 2004; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 20, eff. July 15, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.