Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 705. Child Protective Services

22VAC40-705-180. Training.

A. The department shall implement a uniform training plan for child protective services workers and supervisors. The plan shall establish minimum standards for all child protective services workers and supervisors in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

B. Workers and supervisors shall complete skills and policy training specific to child abuse and neglect investigations and family assessments within the first two years of their employment.

C. All child protective services workers and supervisors shall complete a minimum of 24 contact hours of continuing education or training annually. This requirement begins after completion of initial training mandates.

Statutory Authority

§ 63.2-217 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 1998; amended, Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 6, eff. January 1, 2003; Volume 25, Issue 11, eff. March 4, 2009; Volume 33, Issue 19, eff. July 1, 2017.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.