Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 780. Eligibility for Direct Social Services

22VAC40-780-60. Universal access.

Local departments of social services may choose one of two options in providing direct services on a universal access basis:

1. All persons needing direct services may be served on a universal access basis; or

2. Only persons needing the following services may be served on a universal access basis:

a. Intake services;

b. Family services (services provided to prevent child abuse and neglect, independent adoptions, and court activities);

c. Adult protective services;

d. Child protective services;

e. Foster care or adoption services; or

f. Adult services (services provided to elderly and incapacitated adults at risk of abuse, neglect, or exploitation).

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-614 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR615-50-2 § 3.3, eff. December 26, 1985; amended, Virginia Register Volume 27, Issue 23, eff. August 17, 2011; Volume 32, Issue 8, eff. February 1, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.