Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 10. Department of Forestry
Chapter 20. Standards for Classification of Real Estate As Devoted to Forest Use under the Virginia Land Use Assessment Law

4VAC10-20-40. Opinions.

Section 58.1-3240 of the Code of Virginia, authorizes a local assessing officer to request an opinion from the State Forester determining whether a particular property meets the criteria for forest use. The request should be in writing describing the situation in question. Maps, photos or other pertinent information should accompany the request. The State Forester may hold a hearing or arrange for an onsite inspection by a department official, the applicant and the local assessing officer. The State Forester will issue his opinion as quickly as possible after all necessary information has been received. An appeal of any opinion that does not comply with these standards may be taken as provided by § 58.1-3240 of the Code of Virginia.

Statutory Authority

§§ 58.1-3230 and 58.1-3240 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR312-01-02 § 3, eff. January 1, 1989.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.