Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 120. Pertaining to Public Notice of Applications for Permits for Certain Uses of State-Owned Bottomlands

4VAC20-120-30. Content and publication.

A. The notice shall include the applicant's name and accurately describe the nature, extent, and location of the proposed project.

B. The public notice shall be placed in a newspaper having general circulation in the area where the project is proposed.

C. For a project or an activity that also requires a permit from the Norfolk District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) and for which a Corps public notice is required, a joint state and federal public notice may be used without the placement of a notice in a newspaper by the commission.

D. Copies of all comments received will be provided to the Corps and the Department of Environmental Quality.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-103 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0015 § 3, eff. March 1, 1983; amended, Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 6, eff. November 1, 2017.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.