Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 252. Pertaining to the Taking of Striped Bass

4VAC20-252-190. Acquisition of fish, fingerlings, fry, and eggs.

Striped bass or hybrid striped bass fingerlings, fry, or eggs, may be obtained only from state permitted fish dealers and must be certified by the seller as having a disease free status. Each purchase or acquisition of striped bass or hybrid striped bass must be accompanied by a receipt or other written evidence showing the date, source, species, quantity of the acquisition and its destination. Such receipt must be in the possession of the permittee prior to transportation of such fish, fingerlings, fry, or eggs to the permitted facility. All such receipts shall be retained as part of the permittee's records. The harvesting of striped bass from the tidal waters of Virginia for the purpose of artificially spawning in a permitted aquaculture facility shall comply with all of the provisions of this chapter and state law including minimum size limits, maximum size limits, and closed harvesting seasons and areas.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 8, eff. December 6, 1996.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.