Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 25. Department of Energy
Chapter 20. Board of Coal Mining Examiners Certification Requirements

4VAC25-20-180. Underground mine inspector.

A. Applicants shall possess mining experience as described in § 45.2-512 of the Code of Virginia.

B. Applicants shall be given three years credit for a degree in mining engineering from an approved four-year college.

C. Applicants shall hold a valid Underground Mine Foreman Certificate.

D. Applicants shall meet the continuing education requirements of 4VAC25-20-50 for underground mine foreman.

E. Applicants shall pass the underground mine inspector examination.

F. A certificate will not be issued until an applicant is employed by the department and shall only remain valid while the person is employed by the department.

Statutory Authority

§ 45.2-103 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR480-04-2 § 2.14, eff. June 30, 1994; amended, Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 22, eff. August 20, 1997; Volume 34, Issue 1, eff. October 19, 2017; Volume 38, Issue 13, eff. March 31, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.