Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 25. Department of Energy
Chapter 31. Reclamation Regulations for Mineral Mining

4VAC25-31-140. Marking of permit boundaries.

A. The permit boundary of the mine shall be clearly marked with identifiable markings when mine related land disturbing activities are within 100 feet of the permit boundary.

B. This section is not applicable to lands disturbed prior to September 11, 2003.

C. Maintenance of permit boundary markers is not required after completion of construction, completion of final disturbances, or completion of final reclamation unless the area is being redisturbed by mining.

D. Separate boundary markings are not required if clear, readily identifiable features, such as streams, permanent roads, or permanent power lines coincide with the permit boundary.

Statutory Authority

§§ 45.1-161.3 and 45.1-180.3 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 24, eff. September 11, 2003; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 6, eff. December 19, 2013.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.