Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 25. Department of Energy
Chapter 31. Reclamation Regulations for Mineral Mining

4VAC25-31-230. Period of liability.

A. The bond liability shall be for the duration of the mineral mining operation and for the period following reclamation, which is necessary to demonstrate the success of the final reclamation.

B. In lieu of the requirements of 4VAC25-31-240 through 4VAC25-31-270, a permittee accruing five years of satisfactory operation under Chapter 12 ( § 45.2-1200 et seq.) of Title 45.1 of the Code of Virginia shall be required to enter the Minerals Reclamation Fund as established in Article 4 ( § 45.2-1234 et seq.) of Chapter 12 of Title 45.2 of the Code of Virginia and 4VAC25-31-320. All performance bonds will be released upon acceptance in the Minerals Reclamation Fund and payment of required fees.

Statutory Authority

§ 45.2-103 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 24, eff. September 11, 2003; amended, Virginia Register Volume 38, Issue 13, eff. March 31, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.