Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 15. State Board of Local and Regional Jails
Chapter 26. Regulations for Human Subject Research

6VAC15-26-120. Role of the department, director, and the board.

A. The Director of the Department of Corrections, or designee, shall establish and maintain records of the HSRRC assurances, annual reports, and summary descriptions of research projects to be reviewed by the board.

B. The Director of the Department of Corrections, or designee, shall review communications from the HSRRC reporting violations of research protocols which led to suspension or termination of the research to ensure that appropriate steps have been taken for the protection of rights of human research participants. The board shall be kept informed.

C. The Director of the Department of Corrections shall arrange for the printing and dissemination of copies of this chapter.

Statutory Authority

§§ 53.1-5 and 53.1-5.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR230-01-004 § 3.1, eff. January 12, 1995; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 7, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.