Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 20. Department of Criminal Justice Services
Chapter 174. Regulations Relating to Private Security Services Registered Personnel

6VAC20-174-480. Hearing process.

Following a preliminary investigative process, the department may initiate action to resolve the complaint through an informal fact-finding conference or formal hearing as established in this chapter. Pursuant to the authority conferred in § 9.1-141 C 6 of the Code of Virginia and in accordance with the procedures set forth by the Administrative Process Act and the procedures prescribed in this part, the department is empowered to receive, review, investigate, and adjudicate complaints concerning the conduct of any person whose activities are regulated by the board. The board will hear and act upon appeals arising from decisions made by the director. In all case decisions, the Criminal Justice Services Board shall be the final agency authority.

Statutory Authority

§ 9.1-141 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 25, eff. September 9, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.