Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 20. Department of Criminal Justice Services
Chapter 230. Regulations Relating to Special Conservator of the Peace

6VAC20-230-50. Drug and alcohol testing.

A. Before appointment by the circuit court, each individual applying for special conservator of the peace must submit to a drug and alcohol-screening test approved by the Department of Criminal Justice Services.

B. The applicant is responsible for any fees required for the drug and alcohol-screening test. The applicant will directly make payment to the approved agency conducting the drug and alcohol-screening test.

C. Drug and alcohol-screening results will be sent to the department for review. If the applicant is denied by DCJS, the department will notify the applicant by letter regarding the reasons for the denial.

D. A list of approved drug and alcohol-screening agencies will be provided to the applicant during the registration application process.

E. Applicants denied registration based upon a positive drug and alcohol test will be ineligible for registration for a period of five years.

Statutory Authority

§ 9.1-150.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 21, Issue 26, eff. October 5, 2005.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.