Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice and Corrections
Agency 20. Department of Criminal Justice Services
Chapter 250. Regulations Relating to Property and Surety Bail Bondsmen

6VAC20-250-300. Submittal Requirements.

Part VII
Complaints, Department Actions, Adjudication

Article 1

A. Any aggrieved or interested person may file a complaint against any person whose conduct and activities are regulated or required to be regulated by the board. The complaint must allege a violation of the law governing bail bondsman services or this regulation.

B. Complaints may be submitted:

1. In writing, or on a form provided by the department, by a signed complainant;

2. In writing, submitted anonymously, that provide sufficient detailed information for the department to conduct an investigation; or

3. Telephonically, providing the complaint alleges activities that constitute a life-threatening situation, or have resulted in personal injury or loss to the public or to a consumer, or that may result in imminent harm or personal injury, and that provide sufficient detailed information for the department to conduct an investigation.

Statutory Authority

§ 9.1-185.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 24, Issue 23, eff. August 20, 2008.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.