Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 101. Regulation Governing Juvenile Secure Detention Centers

6VAC35-101-1050. Hospitalization and other outside medical treatment of residents.

A. When a resident needs hospital care or other medical treatment outside the detention center:

1. The resident shall be transported safely; and

2. A staff member or a law-enforcement officer, as appropriate, shall accompany the resident until appropriate security arrangements are made. This subdivision shall not apply to the transfer of residents under The Psychiatric Inpatient Treatment of Minors Act (§ 16.1-355 et seq. of the Code of Virginia).

B. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, the parent or legal guardian, as appropriate and applicable, shall be informed that the resident was taken outside the facility for medical attention as soon as is practicable.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 16.1-322.7, and 66-10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.