Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 101. Regulation Governing Juvenile Secure Detention Centers

6VAC35-101-1190. Program description.

The postdispositional detention program shall have a written statement of its:

1. Purpose and philosophy;

2. Treatment objectives;

3. Criteria and requirements for accepting residents;

4. Criteria for measuring a resident's progress;

5. General rules of conduct and the behavior management program, with specific expectations for behavior and appropriate sanctions;

6. Criteria and procedures for terminating services, including terminations prior to the resident's successful completion of the program;

7. Methods and criteria for evaluating program effectiveness; and

8. Provisions for appropriate custody, supervision, and security when programs or services are delivered outside the detention center.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 16.1-322.7, and 66-10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.