Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 101. Regulation Governing Juvenile Secure Detention Centers

6VAC35-101-680. Visitation.

A. A resident's contacts and visits with family or legal guardians shall not be subject to unreasonable limitations, and any limitation shall be implemented only as permitted by written procedures, other applicable regulations, or by order of a court.

B. Residents shall be permitted reasonable visiting privileges, consistent with written procedures, that take into account (i) the need for security and order, (ii) the behavior of the residents and visitors, (iii) the importance of helping the resident maintain strong family and community ties, and (iv) whenever possible, flexible visiting hours.

C. Visitation procedures shall be provided upon request to the parent or legal guardian, as appropriate and applicable, and the residents.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 16.1-322.7, and 66-10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.