Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 150. Regulation for Nonresidential Services

6VAC35-150-335. Diversion.

A. When an intake officer proceeds with diversion in accordance with subsection B of § 16.1-260 of the Code of Virginia, such supervision shall not exceed 120 days.

B. When a new complaint is filed against a juvenile who is currently under supervision in accordance with subsection A of this section, and the juvenile qualifies for diversion in accordance with subsection B of § 16.1-260 of the Code of Virginia, then the intake officer may proceed with diversion for an additional 120 days from the date of the subsequent complaint.

C. In no case shall a petition be filed by the CSU based on acts or offenses in the original complaint after 120 days from the date of the initial referral on the original complaint.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-233, 16.1-309.2, and 66-10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 2, eff. November 12, 1997; amended, Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 24, eff. October 1, 2002; amended, Volume 27, Issue 12, eff. July 1, 2011; Volume 37, Issue 26, eff. October 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.