Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 210. Compulsory Minimum Training Standards for Direct Care and Security Employees in Juvenile Correctional Centers

6VAC35-210-50. Time requirements for completion of training.

A. A direct care or security employee may not work directly with a resident until the employee has completed all training and orientation required in 6VAC35-210-40 or unless at least one other employee who has completed all applicable facility-based orientation and training is present and supervising the resident.

B. Direct care and security employees shall successfully complete additional refresher training on a recurring basis in accordance with subsection D of 6VAC35-210-40.

C. Required advanced or specialized training shall be completed before direct care or security employees may apply mechanical restraints, the mechanical restraint chair, or protective devices.

Statutory Authority

§ 66-10 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 38, Issue 12, eff. March 18, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.