Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 41. Regulation Governing Juvenile Group Homes and Halfway Houses

6VAC35-41-105. Reporting criminal activity.

A. Staff shall be required to report all known criminal activity by residents or staff, including but not limited to any physical abuse, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, to the facility administrator for appropriate action.

B. The facility administrator, in accordance with written procedures, shall notify the appropriate persons or agencies, including law enforcement, child protective services, and the department as appropriate and applicable, of suspected criminal violations by residents or staff. Suspected criminal violations relating to the health and safety or human rights of residents shall be reported to the director or designee.

C. The facility shall assist and cooperate with the investigation of any such complaints and allegations as necessary.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 66-10, and 66-24 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.