Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 41. Regulation Governing Juvenile Group Homes and Halfway Houses

6VAC35-41-1230. Infectious or communicable diseases.

A. A resident with a communicable disease shall not be admitted unless a licensed physician certifies that:

1. The facility is capable of providing care to the resident without jeopardizing residents and staff; and

2. The facility is aware of the required treatment for the resident and the procedures to protect residents and staff.

The requirements of this subsection shall not apply to shelter care facilities.

B. The facility shall implement written procedures approved by a medical professional that:

1. Address staff (i) interactions with residents with infectious, communicable, or contagious medical conditions; and (ii) use of standard precautions;

2. Require staff training in standard precautions, initially and annually thereafter; and

3. Require staff to follow procedures for dealing with residents who have infectious or communicable diseases.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 66-10, and 66-24 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.