Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 41. Regulation Governing Juvenile Group Homes and Halfway Houses

6VAC35-41-750. Written placement agreement.

A. Except for placements pursuant to a court order or when a resident admits himself to a shelter care facility, each resident's record shall contain, prior to a routine admission, a completed placement agreement signed by a facility representative and the legal guardian or placing agency. Routine admission means the admittance of a resident following evaluation of an application for admission and execution of a written placement agreement.

B. The written placement agreements shall:

1. Authorize the resident's placement;

2. Address acquisition of and consent for any medical treatment needed by the resident;

3. Address the rights and responsibilities of each party involved;

4. Address financial responsibility for the placement;

5. Address visitation with the resident; and

6. Address the education plan for the resident and the responsibilities of all parties.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 66-10, and 66-24 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.