Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 41. Regulation Governing Juvenile Group Homes and Halfway Houses

6VAC35-41-780. Emergency admissions.

Providers accepting emergency admissions, which are the unplanned or unexpected admission of a resident in need of immediate care excluding self-admittance to a shelter care facility or a court ordered placement, shall:

1. Develop and implement written procedures governing such admissions that shall include procedures to make and document prompt efforts to obtain (i) a written placement agreement signed by the legal guardian or (ii) the order of a court;

2. Place in each resident's record the order of a court, a written request for care or documentation of an oral request for care, and justification of why the resident is to be admitted on an emergency basis; and

3. Except placements pursuant to court orders, clearly document in written assessment information gathered for the emergency admission that the individual meets the facility's criteria for admission.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 66-10, and 66-24 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.