Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 71. Regulation Governing Juvenile Correctional Centers

6VAC35-71-1040. Sick call.

A. All residents shall have the opportunity daily to request health care services.

B. Resident requests for health care services shall be documented, reviewed for the immediacy of need and the intervention required, and responded to daily by qualified medical staff. Residents shall be referred to a physician consistent with established protocols and written or verbal orders issued by personnel authorized by law to give such orders.

C. The frequency and duration of sick call shall be sufficient to meet the health needs of the facility population. For the purpose of this section, sick call shall mean the evaluation and treatment of a resident in a clinical setting, either on or off site, by a qualified health care professional.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 66-10, and 66-25 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.