Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 71. Regulation Governing Juvenile Correctional Centers

6VAC35-71-710. Resident transfer between and within JCCs.

A. When a resident is transferred between JCCs, the following shall occur:

1. The resident's case records, including medical and behavioral health records, shall accompany the resident to the receiving facility; and

2. The resident's parents or legal guardian, if applicable and appropriate, and the court service unit or supervising agency shall be notified within 24 hours of the transfer.

B. When a resident is transferred to a more restrictive unit, program, or facility within a JCC or between JCCs, the JCC shall provide due process safeguards for residents prior to their transfer.

C. In the case of emergency transfers, such safeguards and notifications shall be instituted as soon as practicable after transfer.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 66-10, and 66-25.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.