Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 35. Department (Board) of Juvenile Justice
Chapter 71. Regulation Governing Juvenile Correctional Centers

6VAC35-71-747. Behavior support contract.

A. When a resident exhibits a pattern of behavior indicating a need for behavioral support in addition to that provided in the facility's behavior management program, a written behavior support contract shall be developed, in accordance with written procedures, with the intent of assisting the resident to self-manage these behaviors. Procedures governing behavior support contracts shall address (i) the circumstances under which such contracts will be utilized and (ii) the means of documenting and monitoring the contract's implementation.

B. Prior to working alone with an assigned resident, each staff member shall review and be prepared to implement the resident's behavior support contract.

Statutory Authority

§§ 16.1-309.9, 66-10, and 66-25.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.