Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 6. Criminal Justice And Corrections
Agency 40. Department of Forensic Science
Chapter 60. DNA Data Bank Regulations

6VAC40-60-10. Definitions.

The following words and terms when used in this chapter shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"CODIS" means the Combined DNA Index System.

"Department" means the Virginia Department of Forensic Science.

"DNA" means deoxyribonucleic acid.

"DNA data bank" means the Virginia State DNA Index System (SDIS) maintained by the department, which is a database of DNA profiles associated with the corresponding personally identifying information.

"DNA profile" means the results of DNA analysis of a sample of human biological evidence.

"Law-enforcement agency" means any federal, state, or local government law-enforcement organization.

"Subject" means the individual from whom a sample of human biological evidence has been obtained.

Statutory Authority

§§ 9.1-1110 and 19.2-310.5 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 28, Issue 21, eff. July 16, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.