Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 20. State Board of Education
Chapter 780. Standards for Licensed Child Day Centers

8VAC20-780-300. General physical plant requirements for centers serving school age children.

A. Any building which is currently approved for school occupancy and which houses a school during the school year shall be considered to have met the building requirements in this chapter when housing a center only serving school age children.

B. Portable camping equipment for heating or cooking that is not required to be approved by the building official shall bear the label of a nationally recognized inspection agency and be used in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications, except for charcoal and wood burning cooking equipment.

C. No cooking or heating shall occur in tents except as provided by the USBC (13VAC5-62).

Statutory Authority

§§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 22VAC15-30-370 derived from Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 21, eff. September 1, 1998; amended, Virginia Register Volume 21, Issue 12, eff. June 1, 2005; amended and renumbered as 22VAC40-185-300, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 1, eff. November 1, 2012; amended and renumbered Volume 37, Issue 24, eff. July 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.