Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 20. State Board of Education
Chapter 820. General Procedures and Information for Licensure

8VAC20-820-190. Modification.

A. The licensee may request a modification of the terms of a license at any time during the period of the license. The request must be submitted in writing to the department's representative.

The department will evaluate written information about any planned changes in operation that would affect either the terms of the license or the continuing eligibility for a license. A licensing representative may inspect the facility during the process of evaluating a proposed modification.

Examples of such changes are: changes in the number of children to be served, staff responsibilities, availability and use of the physical plant, and changes in program focus or needs of the population to be served.

B. If a modification can be granted under the standards, the department will issue a modified license reflecting the changes. In the event that a new application is needed or the modification cannot be granted, the licensee will be advised by letter.

Statutory Authority

§§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 24, eff. July 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.