Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 20. State Board of Education
Chapter 820. General Procedures and Information for Licensure

8VAC20-820-360. Failure to pay civil penalty.

A. If an outstanding civil penalty assessed after a case decision is not paid as required, the superintendent shall have the authority to:

1. Assess a late fee if the civil penalty payment is 60 days overdue, provided the total of the civil penalty and late fee do not exceed the penalty set forth in § 22.1-289.023 of the Code of Virginia;

2. Reduce the duration of the licensure period if the civil penalty payment is 60 days overdue; and

3. Deny renewal or revoke the license if the civil penalty payment is 90 days overdue.

B. The department will also institute legal collection procedures to collect unpaid penalties.

C. If a licensee appeals the imposition of a civil penalty, the provisions of this section shall not apply until the appeal is complete.

Statutory Authority

§§ 22.1-16 and 22.1289.046 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 24, eff. July 1, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.