Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 40. State Council of Higher Education For Virginia
Chapter 180. Virginia Foster Care Tuition Grant Regulations

8VAC40-180-50. Renewability of awards.

Community colleges must provide for renewal awards. Richard Bland College and baccalaureate public institutions of higher education may provide for renewal awards. To be eligible for a renewal award, the student must:

1. Meet satisfactory academic progress standards;

2. Complete the FAFSA or FAFSA renewal form as appropriate;

3. Have at least half-time enrollment in an eligible program;

4. Have not been previously enrolled as a full-time student for more than five years;

5. Not have a prior bachelor's degree;

6. Demonstrate financial need; and

7. Meet additional criteria as determined by the participating institution. Such requirements may include a minimum grade point average, continuous enrollment, or full-time enrollment.

Statutory Authority

§ 23.1-601 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 36, Issue 4, eff. October 1, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.