Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 8. Education
Agency 85. University of Virginia
Chapter 30. Open Burn and Open Flame Operations

8VAC85-30-80. Procedure.

A. Academic Division. All requests for the use and operation of an open burn or an open flame device must be submitted to the university Office of Environmental Health and Safety at least three weeks prior to the proposed activity. Review of proposals of a routine nature (i.e., similar to previously approved activities) may be expedited at the discretion of EHS. Requests may be submitted by calling 434-243-1711; emailing, or completing and submitting the appropriate form provided by the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.

B. Medical Center. All requests for the use and operation of an open burn and open flame device at the Medical Center must be submitted to the Medical Center Fire Protection Inspector by calling 434-982-6420 or emailing the request to as soon as possible.

C. Additional requirements may apply at the discretion of the fire code representative from EHS or Medical Center Fire Protection Inspector's Office.

Statutory Authority

§ 23.1-1301 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 34, Issue 09, eff. December 1, 2017.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.