Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 20. Virginia Waste Management Board
Chapter 170. Transportation of Solid and Medical Wastes on State Waters

9VAC20-170-80. Siting.

Standards for Loading and Off-Loading Receiving Facilities

Article 1

Standards for Design and Operation

A. The receiving facility shall be adjacent to or have direct access to roads that are paved or surfaced and capable of withstanding anticipated load limits.

B. The receiving facility shall be located so as to minimize waterborne traffic congestion and navigational hazards. Sites shall allow for sufficient room to minimize land traffic congestion and allow for safe operation.

C. No loading, unloading, or receiving areas shall be located closer than 50 feet to any property line (excluding the property line along the water side), nor closer than 200 feet to any occupied dwelling, a health care facility, school or recreational park area, or similar type public institution.

Statutory Authority

§§ 10.1-1402 and 10.1-1454.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 19, eff. July 2, 2003.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.