Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 20. Virginia Waste Management Board
Chapter 190. Litter Receptacle Regulations

9VAC20-190-40. Places or areas requiring litter receptacles.

Litter receptacles are required at the following public places:

1. Public highways;

2. Parks;

3. Campgrounds and trailer parks;

4. Drive-in restaurants;

5. Quick service or fast-food restaurants;

6. Self-service refreshment areas;

7. Construction sites;

8. Gasoline service stations;

9. Shopping centers;

10. Parking lots operated for public use;

11. Marinas, boat moorage and fueling stations;

12. Boat launching areas;

13. Public and private piers that are operated for public use;

14. Beaches and bathing areas;

15. Sidewalks in business districts;

16. Public buildings, including schools; and

17. Sporting events, fairgrounds, carnivals, circuses, festivals, and other similar events to which the public is invited.

Statutory Authority

§§ 10.1-1414, 10.1-1419 and 10.1-1421 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 3, eff. November 21, 2001.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.