Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 20. Virginia Waste Management Board
Chapter 60. Virginia Hazardous Waste Management Regulations

9VAC20-60-12. Definitions derived from the Code of Virginia.

A. Chapter 11.1 (§ 10.1-1182 et seq.) and Chapter 14 (§ 10.1-1400 et seq.) of Title 10.1 of the Code of Virginia define the meaning of terms as used in the text of the statutes. Terms not otherwise defined in these regulations or an incorporated reference text shall have the meaning as established in the statutes.

B. Where a term is defined in these regulations or an incorporated reference text, the term shall have no other meaning, even if it is defined differently in the Code of Virginia or another regulation of the Virginia Administrative Code. The board has authority to adopt regulations only as granted to it by the Code of Virginia, and nothing herein shall be interpreted as extending the effect or scope of a regulation beyond that authority.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-1402 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 15, Issue 9, eff. February 17, 1999.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.