Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 20. Virginia Waste Management Board
Chapter 60. Virginia Hazardous Waste Management Regulations

9VAC20-60-20. Authority for Chapter.

Part II

General Information and Legislative Authority

A. This chapter is issued under Chapter 11.1 (§ 10.1-1182 et seq.) of Title 10.1 of the Code of Virginia and the Virginia Waste Management Act, Chapter 14 (§ 10.1-1400 et seq.) of Title 10.1 of the Code of Virginia.

B. Section 10.1-1402 of the Code of Virginia assigns the Virginia Waste Management Board the responsibility for carrying out the purposes and provisions of the chapter and compatible provisions of federal acts.

Statutory Authority

§§ 10.1-1402 and Article 4 (§ 10.1-1426 et seq.) of Chapter 14 of Title 10.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR672-10-1 § 2.1, eff. January 1, 1988; amended, Volume 05, Issue 04, eff. January 1, 1989; Volume 06, Issue 06, eff. February 1, 1990; Volume 07, Issue 16, eff. July 1, 1991; Volume 09, Issue 06, eff. January 13, 1993; Volume 09, Issue 23, eff. September 8, 1993; Volume 18, Issue 11, eff. March 13, 2002.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.