Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 220. Surface Water Management Area Regulation

9VAC25-220-170. Public comments and hearing.

A. The department shall provide a comment period of at least 30 days following the date of public notice of the formulation of a draft permit during which interested persons may submit written comments and requests for an informal hearing on the proposed permit. All written comments submitted during the comment period shall be retained by the department and considered during its final decision process.

B. The director shall consider all written comments and requests for an informal hearing received during the comment period, and shall make a determination on the necessity of an informal hearing in accordance with 9VAC25-220-175.

C. Should the director, in accordance with 9VAC25-220-175, determine to dispense with the informal hearing, the director may grant the permit.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-249 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-15-03 § 3.3, eff. June 3, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.