Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 220. Surface Water Management Area Regulation

9VAC25-220-50. Notice of surface water management area.

A. The department shall cause notice of the declaration of a surface water management area to be published in a newspaper of general circulation throughout the area covered by the declaration.

B. The department shall mail, by electronic or postal delivery, a copy of its decision on the proposed declaration of a surface water management area to the mayor or chairman of the governing body of each county, city or town within which any part of the area lies, or which is known by the department to make offstream use of water from the area, and to the chief administrative officer of any federal facility known by the department to be using water from within the area.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-249 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-15-03 § 1.5, eff. June 3, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 24, eff. September 1, 2013; Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.