Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 32. Virginia Pollution Abatement (VPA) Permit Regulation

9VAC25-32-230. Transfer of VPA permits.

A. Transfer by modification. Except as provided for under automatic transfer in subsection B of this section, a VPA permit shall be transferred only if the VPA permit has been modified to reflect the transfer or has been revoked and reissued to the new owner.

B. Automatic transfer. Any VPA permit shall be automatically transferred to a new owner if:

1. The current owner notifies the department 30 days in advance of the proposed transfer of the title to the facility or property;

2. The notice to the department includes a written agreement between the existing and proposed new owner containing a specific date of transfer of VPA permit responsibility, coverage and liability between them; and

3. The department does not within the 30-day time period notify the existing owner and the proposed owner of its intent to modify or revoke and reissue the VPA permit.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 12, Issue 20, eff. July 24, 1996; amended, Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.