Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 32. Virginia Pollution Abatement (VPA) Permit Regulation

9VAC25-32-270. Control of disposal of pollutants into wells.

A. No right to dispose of pollutants into wells shall exist under this regulation, except as authorized pursuant to a VPA permit issued by the department or VPA general permit issued as a regulation adopted by the board.

B. Whenever an applicant for a VPA permit proposes to dispose of pollutants into a well or wells, the proposed disposal shall be prohibited, or specific terms and conditions shall be included in the VPA permit which shall control the proposed disposal in order to prevent the pollution of and protect all beneficial uses of state waters, protect the public health and welfare, and require compliance with all applicable water quality standards.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 12, Issue 20, eff. July 24, 1996; amended, Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.