Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 32. Virginia Pollution Abatement (VPA) Permit Regulation

9VAC25-32-420. Operability.

A. Independently operated essential equipment, or components, of biosolids use facilities and operations, including treatment works, shall be provided with sufficient capacity and routine maintenance resources so that the average quantity of biosolids used may be reliably transported, stored, treated or otherwise managed in accordance with permit requirements.

B. The need for spare parts shall be determined from operational experience and evaluation of past maintenance requirements. A spare parts inventory may be included in the operation and maintenance manual.

C. Sufficient spare parts determined as necessary to ensure continuous operability of essential unit operations and equipment shall be either located at the treatment works or at readily accessible locations. The minimum quantities of spare parts actually provided shall be in accordance with the operation and maintenance manual.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 6, eff. January 1, 2008; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 24, September 1, 2013.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.