Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 32. Virginia Pollution Abatement (VPA) Permit Regulation

9VAC25-32-470. Crop monitoring and reporting.

Vegetation monitoring may be required by the department upon recommendation of the department once every three years on sites with frequent applications of biosolids applied at or greater than agronomic rates and when 400 pounds per acre or more of available phosphorus has been applied to the soil. Analyses of plant tissue should be conducted at the proper growth stage as recommended by either the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation or Virginia Cooperative Extension Service. Routine analyses include nitrate-nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc. Analysis for additional parameters may be necessary as determined on a case-by-case basis. Results shall be reported annually to the department.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 6, eff. January 1, 2008; amended, Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.