Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 401. Sewage Treatment in the Dulles Area Watershed

9VAC25-401-10. Purpose and authority.

This chapter is established by the State Water Control Board to regulate the discharge of sewage treatment effluent to surface waters in the Dulles Area Watershed, which is located upstream of several major public water supply intakes serving the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. The Dulles Area Watershed is composed of the southeastern portion of Loudoun County, the northwestern portion of Fairfax County, and a small northwestern portion of Arlington County. This regulation does not restrict or affect sewage treatment plants within the Dulles Area Watershed that do not discharge to surface waters within the watershed.

This chapter is adopted pursuant to authority vested in the State Water Control Board by §§ 62.1-44.15 (3a) and 62.1-44.15 (13) of the State Water Control Law.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 20, Issue 25, eff. September 22, 2004.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.