Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 580. Underground Storage Tanks: Technical Standards and Corrective Action Requirements

9VAC25-580-350. Closure records.

Owners and operators must maintain records in accordance with 9VAC25-580-120 that are capable of demonstrating compliance with closure requirements under this part. The results of the excavation zone assessment required in 9VAC25-580-330 must be maintained for at least three years after completion of permanent closure or change-in-service in one of the following ways:

1. By the owners and operators who took the UST system out of service;

2. By the current owners and operators of the UST system site; or

3. By mailing these records to the department if they cannot be maintained at the closed facility.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-44.15 and 62.1-44.34:9 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 6901 et seq.; 40 CFR Parts 280 and 281.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-13-02 § 7.5, eff. October 25, 1989; amended, Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.