Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 610. Groundwater Withdrawal Regulations

9VAC25-610-240. Draft special exception.

A. Upon receipt of a complete application, the department shall make a tentative decision to issue or deny the special exception. If a tentative decision is to issue the special exception then a draft special exception shall be prepared in advance of public notice. The following tentative determinations shall be incorporated into a draft special exception:

1. Conditions, withdrawal limitations, standards and other requirements applicable to the special exception;

2. Monitoring and reporting requirements; and

3. Requirements for mitigation of adverse impacts.

B. If the tentative decision is to deny the special exception, the department shall return the application to the applicant. The applicant may then apply for a groundwater withdrawal permit for the proposed withdrawal in accordance with Part III (9VAC25-610-85 et seq.) of this chapter.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-256 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-13-07 § 4.8, eff. September 22, 1993; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 5, eff. January 1, 2014; Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.