Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 640. Aboveground Storage Tank and Pipeline Facility Financial Responsibility Requirements

9VAC25-640-100. Surety bond.

A. An operator may satisfy the requirements of 9VAC25-640-50 by obtaining a surety bond that conforms to the requirements of this section. The surety company issuing the bond shall be licensed to operate as a surety in the Commonwealth of Virginia and be among those listed as acceptable sureties on federal bonds in the latest Circular 570 of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

B. The surety bond shall be worded identically as specified in Appendix V, except that instructions in brackets shall be replaced with the relevant information and the brackets deleted.

C. Under the terms of the bond, the surety will become liable on the bond obligation when the operator fails to perform as guaranteed by the bond. In all cases, the surety's liability is limited to the per-occurrence and annual aggregate penal sums.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-44.15 and 62.1-44.34:16 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 10, eff. March 2, 2001; amended, Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 2, eff. November 1, 2008.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.