Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 650. Closure Plans and Demonstration of Financial Capability

9VAC25-650-140. Drawing on financial assurance mechanism.

A. The department shall require the surety or institution issuing a letter of credit or certificate of deposit to submit to the department the amount of funds stipulated by the department, up to the limit of funds provided by the financial assurance mechanism when:

1. The owner or operator fails to establish alternate financial assurance within 60 days after receiving notice of cancellation of the surety bond, letter of credit or certificate of deposit; or

2. The conditions of subsection B of this section are satisfied.

B. The b department makes a final determination that a privately owned sewerage system has ceased operation.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-44.15 and 62.1-44.18:3 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 4, eff. December 5, 2001; amended, Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 5, eff. November 23, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.