Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 80. General Regulations under State Water Control Law - Requirement No. 1

9VAC25-80-10. Building/Modification of Sewers.

Any owner, as defined in § 62.1-44.3 of the Code of Virginia, having a sewerage system or sewage treatment works serving more than 400 persons, actually discharging or permitting the discharge of untreated or inadequately treated sewage into the waters of the state, or discharging or permitting the discharge of such sewage in such manner that such discharge enters state waters, and who is not engaged in an active pollution abatement program, which has been submitted to and not disapproved by the board, shall not build a new sewer or sewers, make connection to an existing sewer or sewers, or make extensions to an existing sewer or sewers unless such owner applies for and receives the express authorization of the State Water Control Board. Nothing in this requirement shall limit the board's power to require such authorization of sewerage systems or sewage treatment works serving less than 400 persons.

Statutory Authority

§§ 62.1-44.3 and 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR680-14-06, eff. July 7, 1961.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.