Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 5. State Air Pollution Control Board
Chapter 30. Ambient Air Quality Standards

9VAC5-30-50. Ozone (1-hour).

A. The primary and secondary ambient air quality standard is 0.12 parts per million (235 micrograms per cubic meter).

B. Ozone shall be measured by the reference method described in Appendix D of 40 CFR Part 50, other method designated as such, or by an equivalent method.

C. The standard is attained when the expected number of days per calendar year with maximum hourly average concentrations above 0.12 parts per million (235 micrograms per cubic meter) is equal to or less than one, as determined by Appendix H of 40 CFR Part 50.

D. The 1-hour ozone ambient air quality standard set forth in subsection A of this section shall no longer apply to an area after June 15, 2005.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-1308 of the Code of Virginia; §§ 108, 109 and 302 of the Clean Air Act; 40 CFR Parts 50, 53 and 58.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR120-03-05, eff. January 1, 1985; amended, Virginia Register Volume 20, Issue 24, eff. September 8, 2004.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.