Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 5. State Air Pollution Control Board
Chapter 40. Existing Stationary Sources

9VAC5-40-6975. Exemptions.

The provisions of this article do not apply under any of the following circumstances:

1. The mobile equipment repair and refinishing operation is subject to Article 28 (9VAC5-40-3860 et seq.) of 9VAC5-40 (Emission Standards for Automobile and Light Duty Truck Coating Application Systems).

2. The mobile equipment repair and refinishing operation is subject to Article 34 (9VAC5-40-4760 et seq.) of 9VAC5-40 (Emission Standards for Miscellaneous Metal Parts and Products Coating Application Systems).

3. The person applying the coatings does not receive compensation for the application of the coatings.

4. The mobile equipment repair and refinishing operation uses coatings required to meet military specifications (MILSPEC) where no other existing coating can be used that meets the provisions of this article.

Statutory Authority

§ 10.1-1308 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 26, eff. October 1, 2013.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.