Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 5. State Air Pollution Control Board
Chapter 60. Hazardous Air Pollutant Sources

9VAC5-60-40. Monitoring.

A. Unless otherwise approved by the board or specified in applicable subparts listed in 9VAC5-60-70, the requirements of this section shall apply to all monitoring required in accordance with applicable subparts listed in 9VAC5-60-70. However, nothing in this chapter shall exempt any owner from complying with subsection C of this section.

B. Monitoring shall be conducted and reported and data shall be reduced as set forth in the methods and procedures contained in each applicable subpart listed in 9VAC5-60-70.

C. Upon request of the board, the owner of a hazardous air pollutant source subject to the provisions of this chapter shall install, calibrate, maintain and operate equipment for continuously monitoring and recording emissions, process parameters and air quality in accordance with methods and procedures acceptable to the board.

Statutory Authority

§§ 10.1-1307 and 10.1-1308 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR120-06-04, eff. January 1, 1985.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.